Curious pets will chew on light cords, which can cause electrocution, warn Veterinary Doctors. Playing with tinsel is especially dangerous since the tinsel can block a pet’s intestines. Emergency surgery is necessary if this happens.
Plants are also pose some hazards Veterinarians say. Poinsettia and mistletoe are both poisonous when ingested. It is recommended pet owners opt for artificial plants rather than the real deal. Not only will this eliminate a potential poisoning risk for pets, but pet owners can also reuse the decorations from year to year.
<read full article here>